Jeep 4x4 Technology | Dan's Car World
4x4 Technology from Jeep | Dan's Car World
Being the backbone of the brand, Jeep offers you exceptional 4x4 technology for your next off-road adventure! Offering many different 4x4 options, come see why Jeep’s 4x4 technology is destined to take you to places you have never dreamed your vehicle could take you. Jeeps’ 4x4 technology is based off of their off-road differentials, with mechanical, electric or brake-assisted options, their durable skid plates, a body-on-frame design, and heavy-duty axles, ensuring top performance, durability, and also flexibility of your 4x4 vehicle. Optionally, Jeep offers their Front Sway Bar Disconnect System, which allows the driver to disengage the front sway bar in low speeds for the ability for the front wheels to drop and retract with the terrain, ensuring a safer route. Currently, the Grand Cherokee, Cherokee, Wrangler, and the Renegade are the 4x4 options from Jeep. To test drive any of these iconic vehicles and their 4x4 systems, be sure to stop by today for the exhilaration you deserve from your vehicle.
4x4 Options - Grand Cherokee
- Quadra-Drive® II 4x4 System with Rear Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Always active, and is capable of transferring 100% available torque to a single wheel if needed. Has a rear electronic limited-slip differential.
- Quadra-Trac® I 4x4 System
- There are no buttons involved! This is an always on system that combines a brake-lock differential, ready for any weather condition.
- Quadra-Trac ® II 4x4 System
- This available system boasts a two-speed low transfer case that helps identify and respond when tire slippage is detected. Thanks to the Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System, you are also able to engage four different weather modes: Auto, Snow, Sport, and Sand/Mud.
- Quadra-Trac® SRT® 4x4 System
- An always on system, features the strongest transfer case ever put on by Jeep. Coupled with the bigger engine on the SRT packages, this system features a mechanical wet clutch and an electronic limited-slip differential, allowing 100% of the torque to be sent an individual wheel if necessary.
4x4 Options - Compass/Renegade
- Jeep® Active Drive 4x4 System
- Features a rear axle disconnect that is able to switch between two-wheel and four-wheel drive. It also includes the Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System which is is utilized to manage four different weather modes: Auto, Snow, Sport, and Sand/Mud.
- Jeep® Active Drive Low 4x4 System
- Building upon the Active Drive System, this system adds a 20:1 crawl ratio and low range for the toughest trails.
4x4 Options - Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited
- Command-Trac® 4x4 System
- Features a smooth and quiet transition, that is both durable and capable for the toughest terrain.
- Rock-Trac® 4x4 System
- This system comes standard on the Rubicon, featuring a 4:1 low-gear ratio that allows for crawling at lower speeds, with increased torque sent to the wheels.
4x4 Options - Cherokee
- Jeep® Active Drive I 4x4 System
- A full-time system will automatically engage when needed.
- Jeep® Active Drive II 4x4 System
- Featuring all the same features of the Active Drive I, this system includes an added low range and a neutral mode, great for towing.
- Jeep® Active Drive Lock 4x4 System
- Standard on the Cherokee Trailhawk®, this system includes all the features of Active Drive II, but includes a mechanical rear axle lock and the proprietary Selec-Terrain® Traction Management “Rock” mode.
Your next off-road adventure is waiting for you here at Dan's Car World! Be sure to stop by and test drive the cutting edge 4x4 technology from Jeep today!
Source: Jeep 4x4