Automotive Repairs and Maintenance You Can Do Yourself to Save Money
We all know that it can cost a significant amount of money to maintain your vehicle and keep it in its top shape. While there are some repairs and regular maintenance services that you should always bring to a trained technician, there are some you can do yourself. There are several automotive repairs and maintenance that you can do yourself to save money, so check out our list below! Our list will focus on repairs that can be done by people of all experience levels.
Related post: Guide to Filling Your Car’s Coolant
Do These Repairs and Save Some Money
- Oil change. This process is simple to do as long as you do it when your vehicle is cooled down. All you need is a ratchet, oil filter, wrench, funnel, new oil, oil container, and oil filter.
- Windshield wipers. Having wipers that are clean and in good condition will ensure that you have proper visibility on the road. All you need is new wiper blades and an instructional YouTube video.
- Headlight bulbs. While there are some newer models that have the headlights in difficult to reach places where you need to take your car in, most models have them in user-friendly locations. Look in your owner’s manual to get the proper bulb for your model. You’ll also need a screwdriver, tissues and alcohol wipes.
- Tires. Although tires can cost quite a bit, you can save money by changing them yourself. All you need is a lug wrench, car jack, and the new tire.
- Chipped windshield. When you get a small chip in the windshield, you can avoid having paying a lot more money by fixing it yourself. All you need to do is buy a windshield repair kit, follow the instructions, and avoid having a large crack in your windshield.
Read more: How to change your cabin air filter
Find More Tips and Tricks on Dan’s Car World Blog
If you want to learn how to do any of these repairs, explore the tips and tricks section of the Dan’s Car World blog. We’ve covered changing your oil, changing your cabin air filter, and changing a flat tire.